The Herberger Theater Center remains strongly committed to the health and safety of everyone who comes to the theater as a guest, performer, volunteer or associates (staff). We carefully monitor the local and global situation regarding COVID-19 and review ongoing updates through the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, World Health Organization, and the Arizona Department of Health Services. With that information, we continue to adapt our safety protocols in order to provide the safest experience for our guests, performers, staff, and volunteers. Guests are encouraged to check this website just prior to their performance for the most up to date information and protocols. It is the responsibility of the ticket purchaser to communicate these protocols to whomever they may be providing tickets.
• Masks & Face Coverings: Masks and face coverings are required at all times for all Guests, volunteers, and staff in all indoor spaces regardless of vaccination status until Maricopa County is no longer an area of substantial or high transmission. Masks and face coverings may only be removed while actively enjoying concessions purchased at the bar in designated areas. Masks and face coverings must be constructed and worn as per CDC guidelines. Cloth face coverings shall be constructed with two or more layers of breathable fabric. Face coverings shall cover both nose and mouth and fit snugly along the sides of the face and securely under the chin.
• Guest Vaccinations: Some of the performing companies, including Arizona Theatre Company, who present productions at the Herberger Theater Center are currently requiring all guests of their performances to provide proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of the performance time. If this is a requirement for your performance, additional information will be available on the production page as well as included in information communicated by email directly to ticket buyers. To confirm if this is a requirement for your performance, please connect with us using the texting service on the bottom right corner of our website or contact the box office at 602.252.8497.
• Healthy Associates – COVID-19 Vaccination: Herberger Theater Center associates and volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated, as defined by the CDC, in order to work at the theater.
• Box Office: Tickets will be available online with tickets delivered through email. Ticket scanning for entry will be touch-free. Guests who are not feeling well or who have symptoms should not attend events and will be allowed to exchange their tickets or receive refunds.
• Restrooms: Occupancy of the interior restrooms will be limited to ensure proper physical distancing. Molekule brand air purifiers, which have been FDA-cleared as shown to destroy viruses and bacteria, have been added to lobby public restrooms. Ongoing sanitation of high-touch surfaces will take place during all events. See below.
• Cleaning: In addition to overnight sanitation, we will have trained cleaning staff before, during, and after every event with guests. They will sanitize high touch points, restrooms, and other surfaces on an ongoing basis. That includes the audience area, restroom, box office, and backstage areas.
• Concessions: Concessions will be available to purchase from Conceptually Social. No outside food or drink will be permitted. Drinks and food may only be consumed in designated areas.
• Healthy Associates – Health Screening: Associates and volunteers will continue to submit daily health screening information, including temperature checks. Anyone reporting symptoms or not feeling well will not be permitted at the theater.
• Smoking/Vaping: Smoking and vaping will only be permitted in designated areas away from the seating area and lobby doors.
Please be advised: These health and safety protocols are in combination with all health and safety protocols chosen by the performing company of the show you attend.